The Benefits of Social Bookmarking for Marketers
What is Social Bookmarking?
Social bookmarking is the process of saving a specific web page to a social bookmarking platform so you can revisit it later. Social bookmarking sites allow users to access their bookmarks online, at any time, from any device. Social bookmarking sites are useful to marketers because users can add, annotate, and share bookmarked web pages with their team.
How Social Bookmarking Works
Social bookmarking works by clipping or tagging a web page using a platform or tool so that you can come back to it later. On social bookmarking platforms, topics are organized into specific groups or threads where users can follow content that’s most relevant to them. Once you opt to follow a particular topic thread or piece of content, you’ll be notified when new information or updates appear.
Benefits of Social Bookmarking
For marketers, social bookmarking offers another avenue to not only get out branded content but also discover trends. Other benefits include:
- An SEO opportunity to earn backlinks from a platform with a high domain authority to give your content a boost in the SERPs.
- Opportunities to network with influencers or collaborators to help grow your online presence and attract the attention of potential new customers.
- Ability to easily distribute content, examples, and ideas to your team for inspiration.
Top Bookmarking Sites
In addition to these top bookmarking sites, there are also many other options to consider.
How to Use Social Bookmarking
- Content Curation
- Organize and Save Resources
- Tag Content
- Share Resources
- Build Backlinks
- Promote Your Mentions
- Drive Traffic to Your Site
Social bookmarking can be a powerful tool in a marketer’s arsenal, offering numerous benefits and opportunities for growth. By utilizing these platforms effectively, marketers can enhance their skills, stay up to date with industry trends, and drive greater visibility and engagement for their brand.
So why wait? Start bookmarking and reaping the benefits today!